My mantra, ‘simplicity is the key’, the less-is-more concept, works on every level in positive ways. All too often we clutter our lives with too much ‘filler’, too many activities, too many ‘to-do’s’, too much stuff. This also applies to creating the perfect ‘care package’ for our loved ones. It’s really about discovering the unique pieces to fill the package that counts.
In today’s world, packaging is everything. A box is no longer a box, it has to have colors and images, ribbons and style. In my world, the best container is one you use, the one you pour love into that matters. That’s first. The rest starts filling up rather easily.
1. Written words from your heart, speaking of life, love, the ability to see above the clouds. View life from a new perspective written within lines of a story. Words to take the person away into a new vision of what is possible.
2. A bottle of magic. A bottle of golden glitter wrapped in magical potions of loving support to sprinkle daily anywhere and everywhere.
3. Photos of being together, times remembered and things shared. Moving into the memories restores confidence, bringing smiles and laughter to the heart, changing body chemistry.
4. Sprigs of rosemary and lavender wrapped with ribbon to heighten sensitivity and alertness at the same time calming the body. The natural divine scents send healing messages to the brain. Essential oils will also do the same and are most lasting, just not as visual.
5 A rock. Any rock actually, as long as it feels good in the hand. This rock is their rock of support. Those that are usually the ‘rock’ for everyone else seldom have their own. Now they do. A rock to hold, to download messages, to cry to, when they need to have a strong rock in their lives.
6. A CD of music compiled of the favorite songs sung between you, ones filled with imagery, story and love.
7. An old letter, postcard or card you’ve kept, a treasured gift, to remind them of the love you hold in your heart. Sharing something they gave you will remind them the bond between you is thick, strong and oh! so dear. Sharing the story together brings laughter.
8. Laughter; fill the container with laughter. Line the package with Calvin and Hobbs comics or Peanuts or whatever is delightfully cute, funny and smart. Laughter changes everything in one’s heart.
9. A favorite story or novel from times’ past. Rereading an old favorite tale brings to mind the feelings associated from that period in one’s life once again changing attitudes and beliefs about the possible future.
10. A date on the calendar. Brightly color, adding sparkle, marking a date on a calendar, a definitive hour, day or week set aside to share quality time together.
These loving ingredients will add value and binding glue to the special bond and connection you have with the person you are sharing the package. In addition the healing qualities impregnated within each of the valued items brings joy, determination and focus for your loved one. It will change and enhance their healing journey back to wellness.
Sending love and light to all those in need.
Cosmic sunshine to you.