What kind of world would you like? Think anything. What would you really like?
Seriously this is what swirls in my mind a lot. I feel strongly we absolutely unequivocally have the ability to create the world we want, we desire. But we don’t. Why? Because, okay one, we don’t remember how. Two, we don’t believe we can. Three, we are lazy. It’s much easier to blame, shame, be angry, point fingers – just look at the news, we are over the flipping top – to see this truth. Ironically the more that ridiculous behavior is the norm, the longer it sticks around impacting the current reality.
The trick is doing the mind dance. The balance of being 100% in the present moment with our thoughts at the same time focusing with full flourish and aplomb and colorful details what we do want. Not easy in a world where we step back and rehash, regurgitate, and vomit the past or get stuck in the ‘what if’s’ of what might happen. Chronically complaining. By the way, chronic anything, chronic indicative of a negative, is related to the past. Period. Our minds, body, literally the very foundational strata of energy and vibration moving to the cellular level, resonates with past emotional layering, impacting our physical well being, equaling chronic. From chronic migraines, ulcers, digestive issues, pain, heart issues, fiber myalgia, tics, arthritis, blood sugar….oh god! Everything that sticks around longer than a virus, an injury- if it hangs around there are emotions wrapped around those chronic unhappy cells, habits and behaviors. Just truth. Same with our reality. Bad relationships, poor jobs. The negative lingers as we hang onto the past or future rather than dialing in all the positives right now.
Still not convinced? Then just try it with me. You have to be willing to do it 100% at least part of the time. Half assed is okay, at least it’s a start. And then just imagine as you start to see positive results if the whole entire planet got with the program. Imagine where you’d be? Where we’d be? There wouldn’t be the drama to complain about, bitch, moan and blame. It’d be totally completely on your/our shoulders. Funny what happens when self responsibility comes into the picture.
These are going to appear as ridiculously easy, too simplistic to truly make a difference, change your reality, but wait, you haven’t done them yet. You’re going to realize staying focused is more difficult than imagined. The Tibetan monks will tell you the most challenging thing to do is be mindful. Period.
One week: then extend to one month: to the rest of your life. This is a lifetime mantra, pattern, belief, behavior.
1. Keep your thoughts completely in the present, the now. If your thoughts wander -because they will! – bring them back to what is right in front of you. Sing. Look at the multiple colors in the sky. Feel the love inside of you for anything, everything, everyone you can think of. Mirror that love back inside your body. Keep it here as much as absolutely possible.
2. Repeat daily. Go to bed in gratitude for another fine day on the planet.
3. Day dream. Daily. Fill your mind with happy images. Imagine how you’d like things to be different. Doing things you desire, then immerse yourself in those joyful images. Being. Doing. How you love all the great traits and attributes of your partner, family, people at work. Our politicians. Yes them absolutely. See them doing a great job. Stay in the optimum, positive, happy. And I mean literally stay there. (Trust me those thoughts will wander into the negatives so bring them back with the power of your mind. And again and again.)
4. Repeat: totally in the present. Still your mind filling it with beauty around you. Be mindful of where your thoughts are going. Let the negatives flow out beyond your orbit. Bring yourself back to center and the positive present. Even if your reality is challenging, focus on the beauty that is still there in the little visible pieces from a favorite book, flowers, the birds chirping in the cold outside your window.
5. Day dream.
6. Repeat. Wake up daily and think of how delightful and wonderful things are– count five things that are incredible, good, great, wonderful, stellar in the world. Repeat before sleep.
7. Appreciate today. This moment. All the incredible things in your life. Focus on the immediate. Repeat. Daily. Weekly.
If you tell me nothing has shifted or changed almost immediately in your life after doing this for the next week, two to a month, then I’ll ask you honestly did you stay present? Stay in appreciation? See the best and beautiful in those around you? Imagine all the detailed extras in your circle? Because I know completely 100% the universe is on our side and will comply with what it is you dream, desire and imagine.
I realize this is a repeating theme with me, however I know this to be true, accurate and effective. It just takes reminding and repeating – like advertising- to fully sink in.
So Dream Big.
Cosmic sunshine to you.☀️
PS: my new book When Eagles Soar is going live on Amazon Saturday.